Saturday, July 1, 2017

June Favourites

June has meant glorious summer-like days on the Sunny Coast with just a smidgen of a winter-y vibe in the evenings. Beautiful reading weather although I hope July brings some real snuggle up under the covers and read weather. I had a fab read count in June with two new fave books and a reread which I loved more than the original time I read it (it was perfectly timed and deliciously addictive).

June book total: 17
Books: 14
Audiobooks: 3

Adult fiction: 7
Young Adult fiction: 10
Australian fiction: 3
Rereads: 1

Fave young adult read


If I Fix You by Abigail Johnson

If I Fix You totally took me by surprise (both with how much I ended up liking it and in the direction the story took). It felt messy and real and I couldn't put it down. Really excited for Abigail Johnson's sophomore novel The First To Know which is out November of this year.


Fave adult fiction


Dinner at Roses by Danielle Hawkins

So, so good! I love Hawkins's effortless style that makes me feel like I am a part of the (fictional) family. Hawkin's dialogue is so superb, and her comedic timing lifts the book in places where there is sorrow and loss. The relationships and interactions are genuine and nuanced and the romance is all the more swoony for it's understated slow build and reveal. Love the New Zealand setting and I am so happy to have a new fave contemporary adult author to follow.

Seriously ~ if you like contemporary adult fiction with small town settings, a bit of swoon, a lot of heart, effortless humour and unforgettable characters you need to be looking up Danielle Hawkins ASAP.  

Fave reread


I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella

Perfectly delightful: funny, slightly ridiculous, swoony, feel-good fun. With the most smilingest of footnotes. LOVED.

What's your recent most fave read? 

Hope all is well in your world :)

xo Nomes

9 comments:

  1. Aw, Dinner at Rose's looks really cute and like it could be my kind of read. I really like the cover too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would love it! It feels unique too as it's got a New Zealand flavour.

      Delete
  2. I recently re-read I've Got Your Number and I adore it! It's one of my favorite Sophie Kinsella novels, too, and I'm so glad it's a favorite re-read for you too. Wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my faves too. I am keen to reread all of hers this year :)

      Delete
  3. I was so disappointed by If I Fix You, and I was just _< I wouldn't write off the author though, the second book is definitely on my TBR! *fingers crossed*

    Cass @ Words on Paper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha ~ yeah, I can see how it would not work for some people. I hope we both end up liking her second book :)

      Delete
  4. I'm glad to see that you had such a great reading month Nomes, I'm definitely in the adult fiction mood, so will definitely have a look at Dinner at Roses! I hope you have a great reading month in July! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in an adult fiction mood, too! I seem to go through reading cycles. Hope July reading is off to a good start for you

      Delete
  5. I so loved Dinner at Rose's!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the commenty love :)