Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Winners, Random posts I liked this week and some links :)

Spines of Jaclyn's books.

Here's a little bit I snuck off Jaclyn Moriarty's Website :)
except from Jaclyn's first novel
written when she was seven :)


"I wrote my first novel when I was seven. It was an Enid Blyron rip-off about talking toys. In the end, the toys got into a fist fight and everything went to hell. “You know, this is really quite good!” said my Auntie Elizabeth. But I could tell by the way she glimmered at my mother, over the top of my head, that she did not think so at all.

Despite this setback, I continued to write."

How cute is she? :)






Anyway, on to the WINNERS via random.org:

the lovely lovely Alexa of Not Enough Bookshelves

and the ever-so-cool Sandy Shin

and thanks everyone else for entering...

Some links I can't resist sharing:

Jacket Why's (follow this blog - love it!) features four YA covers that are all about hair

Funniest Post I read this week. You should seriously follow this blog, the lovely, lovely Amna aka GirlInBetween is truly hilarious :) Recommended!

Cara @ Chasing Words lists her top ten YA boys - she writes about them so well, that I'm liking the ones I haven't even met in the book yet!

And @ 21 Pages, Linna is hosting an International Epic ARC Give-away -                 (CLOCKWORK ANGEL, PARANORMALCY, DELIRIUM, LINGER, FIRELIGHT, THE IVY and LINGER!). I've been following for a while now, and she does really great reviews and cute posts - so, you know, recommended!


Check out Larissa's Livejournal or her brand new blog and enter to win one of five packs of five books from Winterflings (including the first Gallagher girls by Ally Carter) - it's a huge competition, although (sorry) only open to Aussies. Also, you could give her some blogger love by following her - she has some awesome links and really well articulated reviews.


In Australia, 2012 will officially be the National Year of Reading where the government, writers, schools, publishers, booksellers, employers, child care providers, health professionals and a whole host of other organisations come together with Australian libraries for an epic year of activities to flood Australia with a passion for reading. Awesome, yeah? Visit the website for more info :)


I think that's all :) 

6 comments:

  1. YAY for awesome links!

    And yay I was featured! Your blog is also made of crazy amount of awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to the winners! I wish it was me!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog, and I think it's awesome. You've just got a new follower!

    P.S. I love Jaclyn Moriarty too. She's brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'm in love with Amna! That post was sheer brilliance--thanks for sharing!

    Also, yippee I'm linked! Lol, butseriouslynow, thanks for linking to my blog. Makes me feel warm & fuzzy. :D

    Congrats to the winners!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, thanks so much for the shoutout Nomes! <3 You're one of my favorite bloggers so I'm so honored to be recommended ;D

    Amna's posts are pure awesome. That script for Breaking Dawn-- I have no words for how amazing it was. She's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for drawing me, Naomi! Replying to your email now, and I can't wait to read the book! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the commenty love :)